Get My Books Here

San Jose's Darlings - GR

San Jose's Darlings

Marcuria's End - GR

Marcuria's End

Monday, December 30, 2013

My Pledge to You, the Reader

Yes, I self-publish. And, yes, I fully understand and appreciate the negative perception that goes along with the label; it is richly deserved. I want you to know that I am going to work my hardest, that I am going to do my very best to rise above and break through those dismal expectations. I will become known for the superb quality of my work.


It is also my aim to create excellent content that doesn’t just compare to the best books from traditional publishers but surpasses them in originality, depth, and execution. Allow me to prove myself and to earn your trust.


Actions are louder than words, I know, but as a first step towards establishing a relationship of good faith between us, I would like to lay bare a couple of points that I will firmly commit myself to—a pledge, if you will.


My pledge to you, the reader:

1) Quality. Never will I publish anything that does not meet my strict standards of excellence. Marcuria’s End took me over seven years to write and publish. If it takes me that long to publish the next novel, then so be it. I cannot in good conscience release anything of inferior quality and then ask for your hard-earned money and precious time. I will not stand for that. I care about people, not money, so I will work hard to earn your trust by only publishing content of the highest order.


2) Price. E-books from commercial publishers often exceed ten dollars. How does that price point encourage people to read more? How does that price point encourage anyone to seek out and find new authors to read? I understand it is a business, but in this age of ceaseless distractions and attractions, we should be doing everything we can, as a collective industry, to entice people to read more, to try new genres and new writers; by doing so, we will be encouraging a fuller, broader reading experience, which will benefit all.


I will never ask you to pay ten dollars for an e-book that costs nothing to publish. The high-quality novels I produce will always be at least, or more than, a third of the price required by these publishers for their selections.

No comments:

Post a Comment